In this topic we suppose that only the incisors are involved and all
other occlusal parameters are normal.
The movement into a more normal configuration is done to allow the dog
a more comfortable chew, and reduce incidence of periodontal disease.
• Stability of the wire
• Reduction of the slide effects
• To make easier the distal movement of the arch
• To increase the quality of the sealing and the anchorage
• Reduction of inflammatory and infectious effects
1) Stability of the wire
To improve the stability on the incisors vestibular side :
- we must increase the surface of the wire area
- by adding an outer covering to the wires so :
* it increase the scraping surface
* it reduce the wounds in the the event of sliding on the gum
- we add elastic rings to hang up the wire to canines
2) Reduction of the slides effects
Two mains slide effects :
- Rostrally version of mandibular canine tips
* Linguoversion is counted by setting a (split) flying buttress between the canine teeth.
3) To make easier the distal movement of the arch
The constant pressure must be applied on the arch only if there is a sufficient space
If the teeth are too closed (small interproximal space), make room for…
Make room for :
- by cutting the lateral cuspids of some incisors !!
- by using an expansion screw to « open » the mandibular incisors arch
Expansion screw (base narrow dentition)
4) To increase the quality of the sealing and the anchorage
Use a goood bonding : ex. Ortho Fuji LC
5) To avoid the loss of the wire elasticity
Do not soldering the wire directly on the ring because it damages the metal elasticity
Use a low diameter arch to improve the « resilience » of the wire
Vews of new trend :
A clinical case :
Using a "tomas screw" and an "eyelet bracket" for lower incisor correction. Incisor 31 is in vestibular malposition. The treatment performed use an orthodontic screw in the mandibular bone, a bracket (eyeled shape) bonded on the vestibular face of the incisor and two chains.
A radiograph taken to verify the good position of the screw